San Jose based Visby Medical is an ambitious, well-funded, and fast-paced early stage biotech startup. Driven by a belief that disease diagnosis should be quick, accurate, and accessible to all, Visby is developing a novel diagnostic device platform that aims to redefine the way an infectious disease is tested and treated.
We are developing a tenacious team with deep industry expertise of researchers, biologists, designers, and engineers that is back-stopped by world class operations and administrative resources. If you enjoy tackling challenging problems, are passionate about your work product, and want to join a collaborative ownership team that is aiming to leave a lasting positive legacy in the healthcare industry, please consider the following Senior R&D Technician opportunity.
The Senior R&D Technician will support the Engineering team in the development and testing of disposable medical diagnostic devices. With engineering guidance, this candidate will characterize and develop engineering and product requirements. The candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be capable of performing manual operations accurately and repeatably, and enjoy working in a fast pace and dynamic product development environment.
- Assemble test units, diagnose and document assembly and test issues.
- Participate in failure and root cause analysis of mechanical assemblies.
- Execute test protocols and experiments to support device characterization and V&V activities.
- Execute re-work and inspection of components and assemblies.
- Design, fabricate, assemble and trouble-shoot fixtures used for manufacture and inspection of components and assemblies.
- Hands-on transfer of processes to manufacturing and operations team.
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area, equipment and materials.
- Use of basic machine shop equipment: machine and lath.
- Use of test equipment: dimensional vision system, leak test equipment, and other
- Use computer, sensors, and instrumentation to gather and record data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School graduate with AS in a technical field.
- Minimum of 8 of related experience in medical device industry.
- Excellent hands-on assembly skills, including soldering of electronic components.
- Capable of operating basic machine shop equipment: lath and mill.
- Problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while maintaining highly ethical standard of behavior.
- Willingness to learn new methods and technologies.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks and/or motions, while sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have visual and auditory acuity, as well as manual dexterity while using tooling and assembly work and working with equipment such as lathes, mills, and other equipment.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.