The R&D Associate Engineer will support the Engineering team in the development and testing of disposable medical diagnostic devices, as well as help maintain the R&D engineering workspace at the Visby Headquarters. The candidate will work with a team of engineers and scientists from multiple disciples and shall have a broad range of responsibilities.
- Utilize rapid prototyping methods and equipment to aid in development and testing of a mechanical and fluidic systems.
- Assemble test units, diagnose and document assembly issues.
- Participate in failure and root cause analysis of mechanical assemblies.
- Assemble and trouble-shoot fixtures used for manufacture and inspection of parts.
- Hands-on transfer of processes to manufacturing and operations team.
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area, equipment and materials.
- Execute test protocols and experiments.
- Execute re-work and inspection of components.
- Use computer, sensors, and instrumentation to gather and record data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- 0-2 years of industry experience.
- BS degree in an engineering or industrial design discipline required.
- Experience with dimensional inspection and metrology a plus.
- Excellent hands-on assembly skills, including soldering of electronic components.
- Good working knowledge of rapid prototyping methods – 3D printing, laser cutting, silicone casting, manual or CNC machining, etc.
- Problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to learn new methods and technologies.
- Solid understanding of fundamental physics a plus.
- Background in life sciences a plus.