Virtue is looking for a Creative Director to work on a major Nordic client with Global reach. For this role, it is essential, that you are fluent in Swedish.
As a creative director with Virtue, you love to create brand fame at the intersection of advertising and entertainment. Your work should not only be culturally-relevant; what you do and make should BE culture itself. You should know what it takes to make a piece of work or a brand famous, newsworthy, and deserving of people’s time and attention.
As a Creative Director, you’d be responsible for overseeing an ever-shifting ‘portfolio’ of ongoing creative work, new projects, and pitches. A core creative team will depend on you for guidance on the work itself. CD's at Virtue have a special role in that they are both player and coach. You’ll need to get your hands dirty leading your group and projects.
In addition to the actual creative work, you would have direct reports (within and outside of your project focus) who will require managing in terms of 360 feedback, annual reviews, promotion and compensation conversations, etc. And beyond the people management piece, CD is responsible for contributing to the overall creative vision of the agency, participating in industry events, running awards submissions processes, and recruitment efforts.
Lastly, CD's must be ready to challenge the logical working processes in order to get to the best work.
What you’ll need to do:
- Set the bar for creative excellence and brilliance at the start of every project, so the working team knows how high we’re aiming.
- Work with strategy and client management to ‘widen the doorway’ for excellent work from the very beginning. It will be on you to challenge the ask, the brief, the insight.
- Provide creative direction for a number of projects simultaneously, making sure none of them backslide over the course of creative development.
- International experience is not required, but a plus.
- Be a sounding board and supportive creative leader for the team under your direction, while at the same time making sure they know the expectations of the work.
- Cultivate a culture of high-volume creativity. This means pushing your team to come up with lots and lots of ideas, knowing that most of them will either miss the mark strategically, creatively, or feasibly. From this process, beautiful gems can be unearthed.
- Guide team in developing creative presentations, run mega pitches, be magnificent in front of clients, handle shoots, all the usual stuff.
- Help your ECD build the broader creative vision for the agency.
- Jump in to teach more junior creatives whenever the opportunity arises. Your knowledge is invaluable to them.
- Make sure you and the creative department as a whole are aware of the work out there in the industry right now. Not just the bad stuff, but the ‘good’ stuff too.
- Play a role in talent recruitment, book reviews, interviews, etc.
- Work with the Business Development team to handle creds meetings, client engagement opportunities, etc.
- Solid experience in advertising
- A creative mission, something to prove to yourself or the world
- The ability to simultaneously frighten, calm, and convince clients
- An understanding of what it takes to persuade people, internally or externally, to get excellent work made
- Senior-level presentation skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude. Resourcefulness. No dependence on bougie budgets or stacked staffing for your projects.
- Knowledge of how to work together, but also how to break through process and redirect a project that’s about to lose its creative integrity
- Contemporary taste in design, copy, art direction, music, etc. All the magical stuff we work with to make our work.
Who you are:
- You have multiple years of experience working within a creative agency.
- You have strong verbal skills, both in English and Swedish.
- Preferably you have international experience.
- You have a passion for culture, and elevating the creative bounderies within advertisement.
- You are a strong storyteller, and bring people with you on the journey.
- You can lead large projects and build client relationships independently.
- You like to mentor and guide junior members of your team.
- You have strong collaboration skills, and appreciate an international environment.
Who are we
Virtue is the creative agency both our of VICE. At Virtue, you get to work in a Global agency, where creativity and culture is key. This role is placed in the Northern Europe region, consisting of office in London, Copenhagen, Berlin and Zurich, we are therefore also very flexible in terms of your location. You will be working truly borderlessly with colleagues and clients from all around the world, catering to an international market.
If you find this role interesting for you, please submit your application as soon as possible. We will be holding interviews continously, and hire the right candidate when found.