About VICE MEDIA GROUP
An international media company that captures people at the heart of stories, and focuses on the ideas, issues, and context that other outlets miss. Launched in 1994, VICE operates in 35 cities across the globe, making 1500 pieces of content every day with a focus on five lines of business: VICE Digital, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICELAND, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 21 offices around the world.
Since 2006, we’ve used our entertainment DNA to help brands capture the attention of their audiences with work that speaks to our most primal instincts of pleasure, attraction and delight. We believe in commanding, not demanding; entertaining, not interrupting; contributing, not leaching. Because brands should add to the world they want to be a part of — not distract from it.
With presence in 21 countries, we craft campaigns, platforms, and IP for some of the most important brands on the planet. Using proprietary tools, access, and intelligence, we find new ways for brands to matter to the world through an entertainment-centric approach that plunges its hooks into audiences’ subconscious and refuses to let go.
Virtue is behind the Cannes-Lions award-winning Carlings adDRESS the Future and Q, the Genderless Voice; the award-winning Google Chrome's Don’t Be A Browser’ and Park MGM’s Las Vegas Love Stories; and Weedmaps’ Museum of Weed, Dove’s Dear Future Dads, Q the Genderless Voice, and so much more...
The Creative Director is responsible for driving creative strategy with multiple teams to develop and produce quality creative solutions that meets client business objectives and goals. The Creative Director brings a deep understanding of user-centered research, content strategy, copywriting and design. As a manager, the Creative Director must be a skillful negotiator and trusted leader in order to bring teams together, both internally and externally, to deliver on creative work.
- Concept, develop and manage a best-in-class creative product
- Manage a team of 4-6 creative team members
- Articulate and present creative ideas to clients effectively and with confidence
- Leads creative idea from concept through completion
- Develop needs assessments based on scope of project and cost models for creative services in partnership with project management and account management
- Responsible for understanding, decoding, and managing briefs
- Manage up to key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Apply creative foresight to both idea and process, protecting against roadblocks, challenges, and miscommunications
- Manage multiple work streams expertly and delegate work to creative team members fairly to ensure best creative output possible
- 10+ years of experience in the advertising and media space, or comparable areas.
- Experience managing creative teams; empowers others to create their best work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a strategic communicator
- Excellent collaborator with a passion for partnership and teamwork, diverse learning and communication styles, and driving swift and effective decisions.
- Prior experience in client-facing role
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Adobe Suite and Keynote, and other programs such as Cinema 4D, After Effects, and Premiere a plus
- Willingness to travel for business needs (up to 30%).