Title: Executive Creative Director
Reports To: President
Department/Line of Business: Virtue
Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Executive Creative Director is one who sees the world through kaleidoscope-eyes, while using their 6th sense to circumnavigate smart, self aware and stylish creative. Responsible for overseeing the ideation and development of creative work for all clients and projects, the Executive Creative Director is an effective collaborator across every department in the agency. The ECD sets the standard for working cross-functionally to win and execute enough thought-provoking and culturally relevant creative for the whole world to feast on. Reporting directly to Virtue’s President, the Executive Creative Director is someone who loves getting their hands dirty, navigating nuances and embracing the hustle that comes with being the unofficial greatest agency in the USA, 2 years running. The Virtue ECD is a brilliantly gifted badass, with a beautiful soul (and the best job on the planet).
- Demonstrate versatility and range of conceptual thinking, from video/film to interactive to experiential.
- Develop original breakthrough ideas across a range of market categories.
- Ensure all creative concepts are well-articulated, on-brief and in-flavour
- Lead creative response to RFPs for branded campaign and partnership opportunities with Business Development and other key company leaders.
- In partnership with Production, ensure the delivery of all creative output is executed with precision and style
- Act as the champion of creative, the craft and the people within the agency and the outside
- Coach and develop the future leaders of the department
- Ensure support network of the department is allowing a clear path for greatness and personal development for everyone in the department
- Interface with Virtue management team
- Ensure always on synergy with creative operations, recruitment, HR and finance
- Engage and interface with clients to maintain healthy relationships and recognize future opportunities for growth.
- 12+ years in advertising and relevant industry experience in leadership capacity
- Hungry and happy to get hands dirty
- Not self-obsessed, precious or passive about process
- Proven experience as a people manager
- World-class verbal and written communication skills; dynamic storyteller with executive-level presentation experience, internally and client-facing
- Strategically and creatively resourceful
- Excellent collaborator with a passion for partnership and teamwork, diverse learning and communication styles, and driving swift and effective decisions
- Strategic communicator who stands out among their peers with proven experience leading creative work across design, art direction and copywriting
- Doesn’t ‘eat’ soup in meetings