Founded in 2006, Virtue is a full-service creative agency born from VICE.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Marketing to work with the President, Chief Creative Officer, Head of Business Development, and Head of Strategy to lead agency marketing in the U.S.. This role reports directly to the Head of Business Development and will have access/co-manage a Team Coordinator to help with all execution needs.
While Virtue has been in existence for 12 years, its current evolution is two years old. We have a full suite of capabilities, a great team, and a network of 21 offices all working hard towards making Virtue the agency of choice for brands trying to connect with an audience that sees and navigates the world with more nuance and sophistication than ever before.
We’re winning new business. Creating better and more diversified work. And we are slowly raising our profile in the marketplace. Over the past year, we’ve been focused on building our foundation – and we continue to do so. We’re now at a point where we need a dedicated person to help drive the organization’s marketing efforts so we can increase our brand awareness, inbound lead generation, and exceptional talent pool.
- Lead ideation, development, and execution of annual agency marketing strategy to drive increased brand awareness and qualified inbound lead generation.
- Lead Linkedin publishing and audience growth strategy and execution.
- Lead thought leadership initiatives in partnership with the Head of Strategy and Communications Manager to help drive qualified inbound lead generation.
- Set benchmark goals and KPIs, create monthly and quarterly reporting on how we are tracking, and advise on ways to optimize.
- Manage current agency partnership relationships (i.e. adforum, Digital Dumbo, Marketing Society, She Runs It etc) and ensure we’re maximizing all relationships to deliver on agency goals and partnership agreements (excluding any publicity/press).
- Manage agency website updates and social media communications.
- Drive internal cultural initiatives (i.e. Speakers in the Bleachers program) to maintain agency culture and employees, our best brand ambassadors, in partnership with VICE community team.
- Liaise with our Communications Manager to ensure all agency work, new hires, and agency updates are being pitched and well received by the industry trades.
- Drive branding consistency across all platforms, events, and activities so the brand experience is uniformed.
- Evaluate and manage “Made with Virtue” franchise in partnership with the Chief Creative Officer.
- Lead monthly client e-newsletter creation and distribution in partnership with Head of Client Services.
- Craft, distribute and enforce marketing toolkit globally to provide framework for agency brand and marketing consistency with a focus on the Americas region.
- Work with global counterparts on any ad hoc network needs.
This would be a great fit for someone who:
- Is over holding company bureaucracies and looking to work in a forward-thinking agency who wants to break the rules.
- Wants to make an impact and experience the greatest chapter of their career.
- Enjoys thinking outside the box of traditional agency marketing and comms tactics.
- Has a great attitude, sense of humor, and can roll up their sleeves to get the job done no matter the obstacle.
- Easily manages with calm even in the most overwhelming situations.
- Has minimum 5-7 years of cumulative and relevant marketing experience.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.