Museum Operations Manager POP UP - TEMPORARY POSITION
The Weedmaps Museum of Weed (A VICE Production)
The Museum Operations Manager will oversee all day-to-day aspects of the museum. He or she will be responsible for general operations including opening, closing and staffing the museum. The Manager will also maintain museum cleanliness, security and general flow. This position will be based in Los Angeles.
- Ensure an exceptional museum experience and that day-to-day museum operations run smoothly
- Provide excellent customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
- Personally assist visitors with questions, comments and needs
- Assist with hiring and training museum staff
- Ensuring that museum employees are knowledgeable and responsible
- Schedule and assign museum staff
- Oversee the operation of the front of house / admissions area, which includes daily ticket sales, visitor orientation, and ticketing system, and troubleshoot where applicable
- Ensure payroll is processed on time for all museum employees
- Have an extensive understanding of museum operations (including check-in, maintenance and retail experiences)
- Inspect and monitor the museum's facilities to ensure that the exhibits are working properly, the museum is in good condition, and visitors are being best served.
- Repair broken exhibits. Schedule contractors as needed and with executive oversight and approval
- Track admission revenue and analyze trends
- Provide bi-weekly accounting / financial updates to museum management
- Lead weekly all-staff meetings
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Prior to the museum opening, this position will require part time availability to assist with store purchasing, staff hiring and orientations.
Once the museum opens this summer, the Retail Store Manager will be a full-time position and will extend through the fall. Work hours are anytime between Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to midnight.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum 2 years museum, hospitality or retail management experience
- Experience purchasing, merchandising and managing inventory
- Analytical skills to assess data, facts and figures
- Must be able to multitask, function as part of a close-knit team and enjoy working with the public
- General interest in cannabis history and/or a passion for learning more about cannabis history a plus
- Must be able to provide exemplary customer service, and represent the museum with pride
- Friendly, outgoing personality