Retail Store Manager POP UP - TEMPORARY POSITION
The Weedmaps Museum of Weed (A VICE Production)
The Retail Store Manager will oversee all aspects of the retail experience at the Museum of Weed. Specifically, the Manager will be responsible for supervising store staff, setting up and maintaining store POS system and organizing and maintaining all museum merchandise. The Retail Store Manager will report into the Museum Operations Manager and will be based in Los Angeles.
- Ensure an exceptional store experience and day-to-day store operations run smoothly
- Provide excellent customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
- Train all store employees
- Schedule and assign store employees
- Manage POS system and troubleshoot where applicable
- Maintain store merchandise inventories and manage requests for re-orders
- Provide bi-weekly accounting / financial updates to museum management
- Conduct periodic inventory checks and oversee all inventory management requests
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Prior to the museum opening, this position will require part time availability to assist with store purchasing, staff hiring and orientations.
Once the museum opens this summer, the Retail Store Manager will be a full-time position and will extend through the fall. Work hours are anytime between Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to midnight.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimum 2 years retail management experience
- Experience purchasing, merchandising and managing inventory
- Analytical skills to assess data, facts and figures
- Must be able to multitask, function as part of a close-knit team and enjoy working with the public
- General interest in cannabis history and/or a passion for learning more about cannabis history a plus
- Must be able to provide exemplary customer service and represent the museum with pride