The Head of Client Services is responsible for creating an ideal working partnership between the agency and clients as, well as leading our overall direction and strategic growth. We are looking for someone to establish high-functioning collaborative working relationships with internal teams to drive and deliver on client goals and objectives. A highly experienced marketer, the Head of Client Services should possess a wealth of integrated communications experience; to understand and promote a 360 approach to marketing, audience engagement and industry innovation. This individual must be able to build positive relationships with c-suite and executive-level clients.
Working closely with internal Client Partners, the Head of Client Services must foster a culture of growth and development within the entire client services team. Together, they regularly exhibit initiative in all areas of improving the management and growth of all clients, demonstrating a sense of ownership and the ability to manage independently.
Financial responsibilities include review and sign-off of monthly billing and forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed. Candidates must be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be comfortable making decisions. Additionally, mastery of leading account financials and highly experienced in producing profitable agency relationships is key.
- Responsible for the development of long-term account success and growth.
- Ensures client relationships remain harmonious and that the clients receive a quality of service that will encourage further growth and profitability.
- Mines for new opportunities, as well as organic growth with existing clients, by building relationships across the client’s organization and with key industry partners.
- Recognizes and seizes opportunities to contribute to agency new business.
- Works with Strategy to transform knowledge of client business objectives, internal and competitive opportunities, and customer insights into actionable marketing communications strategies and tactics.
- Provides the Client Services team with direction and input to ensure business and project goals are met.
- An active leader and motivator; conveying the vision and goals of the organization; the ‘North Star’ of the Client Services Team.
- Responsible for the development of team members through trainings and identifying areas for growth.
- Coach and mentor for direct reports; close talent gaps and motivate them to develop skills.
- Exhibits deep understanding and enthusiasm for clients’ business and industry; can speak directly to their unique needs and recommend creative strategies accordingly.
- Regularly informs US Management Team on the status of the business, including escalation as needed.
- Ability to craft creative briefs and provide clear, persuasive summaries to Creative and Strategy teams, and remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Versatility in ideation across programs; campaign, brand IP, social, experiential, influencer, and beyond.
- Concurrently lead and grow multiple clients.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Professionalism, maturity, and gravitas to build strong relationships at all levels, both internally and with clients.
- Adept at leading account financials and is highly experienced in producing profitable agency relationships.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; a graduate degree is a plus.
- 10 to 12-plus years of experience, which may include agency or senior client-side marketing experience.
- Expertise in integrated marketing across digital and traditional channels.
- An impressive track record of project and performance management; you’re known for your ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring varied groups together to collaborate.
- Demonstrated solid senior-level client experience, and the ability to navigate complex organizations.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.