Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
We have a highly talented group of versatile software engineers that make up our Atlas team. They lead the development of Virtu's client trading infrastructure that serves hundreds of clients. As an Infrastructure Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to design, develop, and maintain our front-to-back trading infrastructure. This infrastructure covers all aspects of the trading life-cycle including order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing, internalization, and clearing. Responsibilities include: designing and building software within existing trading systems, and improving scalability, performance, and efficiency of the infrastructure.
We look for self-directed, passionate developers with a solid technical foundation and a drive to dive into the details of advanced technologies and programming languages. We value strong communication skills; the ability to discuss complex, technical problems are critical to the success of our collaborative culture.
We offer a dynamic, fast paced, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. You'll learn all the intricacies of how trading and technology intersect within the global financial marketplace. Our teams are passionate about continually improving and raising the bar; learning and teaching are keys to Virtu’s culture.
- Design, build, and maintain our proprietary, low-latency trading systems, and infrastructures.
- Produce powerful trading tools which leverage all aspects of our high-performance system
- Improve the scalability, performance, of our trading infrastructure.
- Understand the future needs of the business and design technical solutions to meet these demands
- Ability to handle a wide variety of projects, from frontend facing projects to backend infrastructure, each in different programming languages
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience
- Experience building and designing distributed and scalable software in general purpose languages such as Java, Go, C++
- Driven, self-starting personality. Our employees are expected to demonstrate peer leadership and initiative early on
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience in Python
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments
- Experience working in collaborative environments
- Experience with relational databases
- 2 to 5+ years of experience in building, shipping, and maintaining highly optimized, scalable code
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.