Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
We are currently looking to enhance our global ETF team. The role will be based in our Dublin office. Virtu Financial Ireland Limited is the European HQ of our proprietary trading business.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an exchange-traded fund (ETF) expert. Our ETF Data Analysts work closely with our traders and ETF issuers to understand their products and pricing methodologies. They build models to accurately price funds in many assets including commodities, equities, fixed income and emerging asset classes like cryptocurrencies. They deliver on time accurate pricing working in tandem with the trading team to deliver best in class pricing models.
- Excellent academic background. All subjects welcome but hard sciences preferred (computer science, math, physics, statistics and related fields).
- Programming experience is required (Python, SQL, Java or C++ are a plus).
- The ability to communicate information precisely.
- A person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction.
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team.
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working towards collective goals.
- No finance background is necessary.
After an initial resume screening, select applicants will receive an online programming-skills test via email. This is to gain an understanding of candidate coding abilities. The sender will be Codility, a third-party evaluation service we employ, so please be sure to monitor your inbox/spam folder. Following that, successful candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. We look forward to learning more about you.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.