Developer Internship (Singapore)
Virtu's internship program offers students an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the firm and the world’s financial markets. We have built a thoughtful and challenging curriculum that introduces students to all aspects of Virtu's business through a company-curated global training week, real world development projects to complete and engaging social events to get to know our team and culture.
Dates: 10 week program, starting June 10th 2024 through August 16th 2024 (with some flexibility if needed).
Training: Ongoing training throughout the summer and a training week held in Singapore for all interns.
Projects: Real problems to solve throughout the program. Interns will work from a list of projects and have several senior mentors throughout the summer program.
Our development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. These engineers are responsible for the design, development and optimization of our proprietary, low-latency trading systems as well as our propriety trading algorithms. This team also creates powerful trading tools, which facilitate all trading stages of our high-performance system which is deployed in financial marketplaces around the world.
As an intern, you will complete a variety of challenging development projects. You'll work alongside our senior team to improve scalability, performance and efficiency of our cutting edge trading systems. This is a rare opportunity for students to learn first hand how to design and architect a trading system for scale and to support the massive amounts of data that flow through Virtu's trading systems daily.
- Excellent academic background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong programming skills in Python and either Java or C++
- Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of object oriented programming
- Some lower level programming experience a plus but not required
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills and mathematical aptitude
- Being comfortable with a wide variety of projects (frontend/backend, different programming languages)
- A physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.