Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to make markets, deliver liquidity, provide innovative, transparent trading solutions and that operates multilateral trading facilities. Virtu trades on over 235 venues in 36 countries worldwide, with a global client base and has offices in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
Our Operations team is looking for a Trading Operations Specialist to support the client bookings and reporting for equities trading across the Asia Pacific region. This team is responsible for managing the clearance, settlement, and reconciliation of all trades and positions on behalf of the firm’s clients. In this role, you'll collaborate closely with traders, finance, compliance, brokers, custodians, and firm customers to ensure timely settlement of trades, accuracy of books and records, and avoidance of unanticipated risk to both the firm and its customers.
We look for candidates with some technical experience, as you will also have the opportunity to work closely with software engineers to automate and enhance the robustness of the firm’s operations workflows. Trading Operations Specialist not only become experts in the logistics and mechanics of trade clearance and settlement, but they also play a crucial role in the ability of the firm and its clients to conduct trading efficiently and safely. They also represent the firm when dealing directly with external parties, so must be willing to handle the responsibility even when under pressure to perform.
• 2-3 years’ experience in HK and Asian equity markets settlement in an institutional context (banks or other trading firms).
• A solid understanding of middle and back office systems, and clearing and settlement cycles.
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. Chinese will be a plus.
• Ability to navigate through systems and diagnose issues.
• Familiar with MS Excel and Outlook
• Proactive, willing to learn and able to work under pressure
• Attention to detail and a customer service attitude
• Some late / on call work required
YOU’RE JUST RIGHT FOR VIRTU IF YOU WANT:
- A smaller team environment with 3 - 8 professionals in Asia Pacific
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on all sides of the business
- The energetic dynamism of financial markets
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
After passing an application screening, candidates will be contacted by representative from our HR team.
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.