Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to offer liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Operations Automation team is looking to hire an Analyst to help spearhead efforts that will greatly improve upon our ever-increasing workflows and systems. The ideal candidate will be an automation enthusiast and passionate about problem solving through programming.
As part of this role, you'll be immersed in the firm's trading operations systems, working alongside operations analysts, traders and developers to architect solutions that are intuitive, maintainable and most importantly, simplified. This role is critical to Virtu's ability to conduct trading efficiently and safely. Key responsibilities will be to apply your technical expertise to develop tools that simplify daily operational trading tasks, automate data review and reconciliation, and architect new systems and controls that enhance the robustness of the firm’s post trade processes.
No finance experience is necessary; we're looking for a self-starter who is a technologist at heart, interested in learning the mechanics of trading, and has a genuine drive toward efficiency.
- Build, maintain and refine workflows involving our multiple databases and system API's
- Serve as point of contact for triaging and debugging
- Act as process owner and document all use cases
- Collaborate closely with trading operations team to identify creative solutions that rely on automation of their tasks
- Manage the balance of work between longer term goals and immediate production workflows, to ensure progress is made on important initiatives and that the team is supported
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of Python; experience with Pandas a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- 2+ years of working experience preferred but talented graduates will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with others
- The ability to translate complex problems into practical working solutions
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills
- The ability to communicate information precisely and with agility and comfortable working with mu
- A "physicalizer"; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.