Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Our Strategy Development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. As a Senior Strategy Developer, your primary responsibility will be to lead design, development and maintenance of our proprietary, low-latency trading algorithms and infrastructure. Responsibilities include improving the scalability, performance and efficiency of existing trading strategies, while collaborating with Quantitative Traders and Quants to design new strategies, and building trading analysis and risk monitoring tools.
The right candidate for this role will be comfortable mentoring junior developers, leading design discussions, and working in a fast-paced flat team structure.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected.
- Mastery of Core JAVA
- Minimum 5-7 years experience designing and implementing highly optimized, scalable code
- Expertise with object-oriented, event driven programming (preferably with Java)
- Being comfortable with a wide variety of projects (frontend/backend, different programming languages)
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill with a driven, self-starter personality