Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
- Setup, configure, and maintain the Windows Desktop Environment and end-user support, including but not limited to hardware and software management, security patches and health check monitoring in line with Global desktop standards, policies and procedures.
- Build rapport with help desk customers and provide first line local and second line regional desktop/office technical support including incident/problem identification, resolution and escalation.
- Configure and support mobile and general office facilities issues.
- Install and maintain desktops, user account administration; responsible for introducing adapting and improving IT systems in own area of responsibility.
- Administer and support all aspects of Windows 20xx Server environment.
- Good knowledge of designing, implementation and support of VMware ESX/vSphere 6.x
- Good understanding of Microsoft Technology: Active Directory, DNS, MS Exchange and Cisco Jabber.
- General programming skills such as PowerShell, which can help with automation scripting is highly desired.
Local Data Center:
- Responsible for both the local office & EMEA Data Centre Management including, organizing deliveries, patching cables, installing servers and inventory management in line with global standards, policies and procedures.
- Work with the other Infrastructure & application engineers locally and globally on issues, projects where needed as their person in region
- Undertake regular system testing/adaptation/installations.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software.
- Liaise with supplier for issues, upgrade and procurement of hardware/software.
Knowledge and Skills
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Customer focused attitude and dedicated to problem resolution.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects/issues simultaneously.
- Working experience with Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office, Windows Server 2008+, Active Directory, SCCM.
- Must be able to work under pressure with long working hours under critical situations.
- Clear and detail-oriented communicator and team player.
- Outgoing, comfortable with speaking and writing English is a must.
- Data Center Experience.
- VMware and datacenter operation experience.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Prior experience in the financial industry, especially trading desk support is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree holder in Information System, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Scripting in PowerShell & Python
- Be part of a highly skilled & focused team.
- A great place for picking up practical experience new tech and geographic mobility.
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on the business side.
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar.