This January, we will host our 2nd annual Women's Winternship at our headquarters office in New York City. This is an exciting program that offers female students an opportunity to learn about our firm, the basics of trading and a view of what Virtu does in the global financial marketplace. You’ll also get insight into a career in financial services through engaging panels and networking events with top female talent at Virtu, as well as insight into the different roles that exist within our firm.
- 5 day program, from January 6th - January 10th in New York City
- Virtu will cover transportation to and from New York, hotel accommodations and most meals throughout the week
- Each day will be a combination of classroom lectures, and fun programming challenges and activities
- Engaging social events to get to know our team and culture
- A final group contest
- Exceptional female talent at the undergraduate sophomore level (freshmen may also be considered
- Excellent academic background (all majors welcome)
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills and mathematical aptitude
- Some programming experience is preferred but NOT required
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals
- Interest in a career in financial services
After applicants pass an initial resume screening, an online programming test may be sent via email. This test is from a service called Codility so please be on the lookout. We will contact you to arrange a phone screen.
We looking forward to meeting you!