As a leading financial technology firm, we leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to global markets as well as innovative, transparent trading solutions and industry standard-setting analytics tools to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
As a part of the Global Onboarding Team, the Implementation Specialist will be responsible for implementing Virtu’s software suite at new client sites. The role will encompass all aspects of the technical setup, project management, and coordination of the installation of the software applications. The Implementation Specialist will be the primary focal point for all communication, deadlines, and milestones pertaining to the implementations.
Our Global Onboarding team is a highly talented group of versatile employees. To meet our client demand, we are looking for candidates who love delivering liquidity and trading solutions in a highly visible role within the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Primary owner of EMS implementations focusing on setup, installation, and project management.
- Coordinate between Sales, Vendors, and various Technology Teams, and the clients.
- Track and manage all schedules, deadlines, and dates related to EMS Implementations.
- Work effectively as part of a global team and build relationships with global FIX teams, Sales, Technology teams, Platforms, and Support.
- Responsible for managing Client EMS implementation from start to finish. Implementation Specialist will perform the technical setup, test and validate once completed, and coordinate client site installation of the software. In addition, the candidate will manage and communicate updates throughout the process while completing reporting and metrics.
- Bachelors or Masters degree with one to three years of experience in a trading and trading support environment required. Preferably OMS, EMS, FIX.
- Proven Project Management experience; managing deadlines, customers, and schedules.
- Very tech savvy, preferably with work experience in a technical role
- Record of implementing OMS / EMS or other trading systems
- Strong client and relationship focus, prior external client facing experience an advantage
- High level communication and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build and develop effective relationships with staff at all levels
- Comfortable working with SQL and/or Linux