TRADING SYSTEMS DEVELOPER INTERNSHIP
- Dates: 10 week program, starting June 8th 2020 through August 14th 2020 (with some flexibility if needed).
- Training: Ongoing training throughout the summer and a global training week held in New York for all interns.
- Projects: Real problems to solve throughout the program. Interns will work from a list of projects and have several senior mentors throughout the summer program.
Our development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. These engineers are responsible for the design, development and optimization of our proprietary, low-latency trading systems and infrastructure. This team also creates powerful trading tools, which facilitate all trading stages of our high-performance system which is deployed in financial marketplaces around the world.
As an intern, you will complete a variety of challenging development projects. You'll work alongside our senior team to improve scalability, performance and efficiency of our cutting edge trading systems. This is a rare opportunity for students to learn first hand how to design and architect a trading system for scale and to support the massive amounts of data that flow through Virtu's trading systems daily.
- Excellent academic background in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong programming skill sin either core Java or C++
- Some lower level programming experience a plus but not required
- Outstanding quantitative problem‐solving skills and mathematical aptitude
- Being comfortable with a wide variety of projects (frontend/backend, different programming languages)
- A physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare
- Highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team
- Team player: authentic, genuine person who is capable of working collective goals.