Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
The Virtu Financial Hardware Design team is responsible for the design, verification and deployment of many complex FPGA applications. This technology forms part of the firm's proprietary, low latency trading platform. The environment and being a part of this team presents stimulating, challenging and rewarding work within a collaborative, international work environment.
We are looking for an FPGA Engineer to join the hardware team. The ideal candidate will be a creative and ambitious senior hardware engineer excited to work on the design and verification of our low latency trading infrastructure. As a member of the team you will take a lead role in:
- Enhancing the company’s capabilities in Hardware system design and verification
- Developing solutions for demanding problems
- Contributing to complex aspects of the project
- Providing a leading role in defining the technical basis for future products
- Innovating and introducing new solutions and methods
- Planning, scheduling and execution of projects
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of experience, or Master degree in an Engineering or Numerical Science Discipline with 4+ years of experience
- Successful track record in hardware projects FPGA or ASIC
- Demonstrated experience in complex verification environment in Systemverilog, UVM, OVM, VMM
- Expertise in IC Design flows, specifications, Verilog or VHDL
- Good knowledge of high performance bus protocols, for example AXI, USB, SATA, PCIe, etc
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Any experience of embedded C/C++ development is beneficial
- Advantageous to have previous experience with Constrained Random Verification
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.