Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
- Ensure VITG’s compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements; particularly anti money laundering, licensing and trading rules.
- Administer VITG organisational training needs; ensuring that Responsible Executives fullfill their yearly CPD requirements, manage VIAU’s online training requirements, and disseminate regulatory developments.
- Manage VIAU’s regulatory reporting obligations and assisting with ad hoc regulatory inquiries.
- Maintain compliance records.
- Prepare account opening for local brokers in coordination with other members of the Regional Compliance Team.
- Assist with the preparation of the daily Risk Exposure Report on “mark to market” outstanding trades versus client credit limit (including daily trade monitoring on unsettle trades).
- Monitor VITG’s Daily Trading Limit Controls (including daily order monitoring).
- Liaise with the Regional Compliance Team with respect to policies and procedures and the implementation of these. Also assist in the drafting, review and implementation of existing and new policies and procedures.
- Assist in responding to audit requests (internal and external).
- Ensure VITG’s compliance with the Regional Anti Money Laundering Program, and updating the program to maintain currency with new rules and regulations where required.
- Conduct monitoring of VITG policies and procedures including, Employee Trading, Errors and Trade Accommodations, Short Selling etc.
- Review Commission Sharing Arrangements for Compliance with Financial Services Council Guidelines (i.e. commission sharing participants, client authorisation, invoices, vendors and payments etc.).
- Providing general compliance assistance to the Head of Compliance.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Laws, finance, or related disciplines is highly regarded but not essential.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the general tools and techniques of Compliance.
- Experience in the electronic brokerage space is highly desirable, particularly knowledge of the operation of crossing systems, algorithms, automated client order processing in the institutional broker space.
- A self-starter, quick to translate legal and regulatory matters into business requirements; meticulous in the delivery of the Compliance function.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrable ability of building positive and stable working relationships in a team environment.
- Must possess sound technical skills to pick up various in-house systems.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to adapt and prioritise in a fast paced, and changing commercial environment
- A quick learner with good problem-solving skills, and a desire to progress the status quo.
- VITG’s business is dominated by electronic trading and the relevant systems associated with such trading. Knowledge of how Compliance impacts and operates within such an environment is essential.