Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
Our Development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. As a Developer, your primary responsibility will be to design, develop and maintain our proprietary, low-latency trading systems and infrastructure. You will create powerful trading tools, which facilitate all trading stages of our high-performance system, deployed in financial marketplaces around the world. Responsibilities include improving the scalability, performance and efficiency of existing trading systems.
We look for self-directed, motivated developers with a good foundation of advanced technologies and programming languages. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing the development, implementation and testing of new features for complex software applications while monitoring day-to-day operation of the production systems and perform proactive and reactive system maintenance.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Strong GPA required.
- Mastery of core Java and/or C++.
- 0-5 years of work experience. Graduates will be considered.
- Ability to design and implement highly optimized, scalable code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven, self-starting personality. Our employees are expected to demonstrate peer leadership and initiative early on.
- Being comfortable with a wide variety of projects (frontend/backend, different programming languages).
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.