Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
The EU compliance department is seeking an ambitious junior to mid level compliance practitioner to join its growing team. The role will report into the European Head of Compliance and other group stakeholders. EU Compliance oversees the compliance program for a number of CBI and EU regulated investment firms covering a full range of MiFID activities and rule books. We are looking for ambitious candidates who are interested in working in all areas of Compliance in a fast paced and technology-driven environment.
- Member of Virtu’s EU compliance team and interacting with global compliance colleagues.
- Providing support to Compliance and business stakeholders on regulatory matters.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a compliance programme designed to support and monitor compliance and work with the business in a consultative business-partner capacity.
- Assisting the Compliance function in implementing process optimisations and automation.
- Stakeholder communication management – liaising with Boards, local and US Management Teams to raise awareness of compliance risks and the actions taken to mitigate and manage same.
- Conduct compliance monitoring and periodic compliance reviews.
- Assist in developing and maintenance of the risk management framework in Ireland.
Experience & Qualifications
- Interest in compliance, trading and automation.
- Formal qualifications relating to financial services compliance and/or qualifications relevant to compliance role e.g. ACOI, Diploma in Financial Services Law, ACA, Solicitor a plus.
- Junior - Mid Level, with minimum of 3+ year's relevant regulation/compliance experience in Banking or Investment Firms (e.g. investment banking, capital markets)
- Knowledge Irish/ EU legislation relevant to the firm i.e. MIFIDII, CRR, MAR etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to manage tasks using own-initiative