Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
The Operations Associate is responsible for the timely booking of customer and firm trades, ensuring that executions are booked accurately. The associate will also communicate with street side brokers, as well as ensuring that both client and firm accounts are reconciled. In addition to working closely with Institutional and retail clients of the firm, and street side brokers, the associate will be expected to communicate internally with traders, finance, compliance, and internal audit with the expectation that they will help ensure timely settlement, and accurate books and records. The Operations Associate should possess the ability to accurately communicate internally/externally information regarding the status of aged items, customer service issues and feel empowered to offer productive ideas in streamlining departmental processes. A successful candidate will be a physicalizer; a person who identifies issues and creates solutions without rigid direction or fanfare. The candidate will be a highly motivated and tenacious individual, with a proven ability to take initiative and work independently and within a team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Book client trade allocations
- Ensure client satisfaction by developing relationships and delivering consistent high levels of client service
- Ensure prompt, accurate settlement of trades
- Understanding of Reg-SHO
- Manage outstanding broker-to-broker fails and ADR conversions
- Monitor NASD’s ACT system
- Opening and maintaining client accounts
- Perform daily reconciliation of street side and firm trade breaks
- Minimum 2 years experience in trade support, settlement and clearing US domestic transactions.
- Knowledge of NSCC,DTC,ACT,OASYS,CTM,ALERT
- SQL is used by most Operations Associates at Virtu to work more efficiently. Prior experience is not a requirement, but a willingness to learn is
- Series 7,99,63 preferred, but not required