Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
The firm’s complementary core offerings—market making, client execution services, and trading venues—give Virtu a competitive advantage in developing and applying innovative tools that deliver efficiencies and performance across the organization.
- Responsible for the Middle and back office functions including, but not limited to:
- Accurate and timely trade allocations using Virtu’s in-house bookings systems
- Monitoring electronic confirmation device using Omgeo CTM
- Liaise with Third Party Clearing agent in CHESS settlement
- Knowledge of equity bookings and settlements using IRESS, SHARESTM and SYN
- Liaison with custodians and other market participants
- Knowledge of ASX Settlement operating rules is an advantage
- Settlement coverage on pending fails via stock lending arrangements
- Attending to client and dealer queries in a timely manner
- Understanding and management of Corporate Actions
- Understanding and applying Trust rules associated with ASX settlement where necessary.
- Monitoring of various settlement reports on a daily basis and ASX fail fees, etc – includes liaison with the ASX in relation to any settlement queries such as short sells, buy-ins, failed settlements, etc.
- Processing of settlement obligations to clients and the ASX on a daily basis using our banks Online system – includes daily trust and operating account reconciliations.
- Corporate Actions – investigation, escalation and settlement
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance or a related discipline
- 2+ year’s experience in local equity markets settlement
- Knowledge to handle Australia market settlements
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Familiar with MS Excel and Outlook
- Proactive, willing to learn and able to work under pressure