Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
The firm’s complementary core offerings—market making, client execution services, and trading venues—give Virtu a competitive advantage in developing and applying innovative tools that deliver efficiencies and performance across the organization.
Virtu is looking for an experienced; customer focused Trading Application Support Analyst to join our Trading Application support team, a key service to Virtu's global business.
- Responsible for the first level support of Virtu Asia’s equity dealing desk and its institutional clients
- Work as part of a team that is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and resolving live trading system issues for internal and external EMS users.
- Facilitate of internal ‘User Acceptance Testing’ with end-users and occasional dealer training for new software
- Be proactive, forward thinking and use initiative while troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and trading issues in a live trading environment. He\She will be required to see all issues through to resolution.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline is preferred, but not required.
- 4-5 years relevant experience with brokerage firms would be desirable.
- The ideal candidate would have experience in a front-office trading environment supporting both internal and external users.
- Excellent application and system problem-solving skills; must be detail-oriented.
- A self-starter able to work with minimal supervision, ability to pickup and run with tasks.
- Good client management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Asian equity markets, OMS’, EMS’ and order routing systems.
- Market Data related experience an advantage
- Practical experience in UNIX, DB, Scripting.
- Strong communication skills. English is a must. Mandarin/Cantonese – an advantage.
- FIX knowledge – an advantage.
- Previous dealing systems development experience desirable.