Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide
- Management of Virtu’s EU compliance and regulatory responsibilities for its MIFID firms
- Responsible for liaising with regulators, exchanges and MTFs on regulatory matters
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a compliance programme designed to support and monitor compliance and work with the business in a consultative business-partner capacity.
- Responsible for planning and overseeing the delivery of the annual compliance programme – identifying compliance risks, assessing and testing related controls and introducing revised procedures as required.
- Stakeholder communication management – liaising with Boards, local and US Management Teams to raise awareness of compliance risks and the actions taken to mitigate and manage same.
- Interpretation of new regulatory requirements, identify relevant compliance requirements and work with the business to ensure that appropriate procedures and controls exist to address these requirements.
- Responsibility for investigating rectifying and reporting of compliance issues arising in the business.
- Providing compliance training for the purposes of Compliance requirements such as New Employee Induction on emerging regulatory requirements.
- Conduct compliance monitoring and periodic compliance reviews
- Manage completion of Regulatory reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Managing regulatory approvals required of the Central Bank of Ireland
- Maintain the primary records relating to the regulated activities
- Assist in developing and maintenance of the risk management framework in Ireland
Experience & Qualifications
- Formal qualifications relating to financial services compliance and/or qualifications relevant to compliance role e.g. ACOI, Diploma in Financial Services Law, ACA, Solicitor
- Minimum of 3+ year's relevant regulation/compliance experience in Banking or Investment Firms (e.g. investment banking, capital markets)
- Detailed Knowledge Irish/ EU legislation relevant to the firm i.e. MIFID, MIFIDII, CRD
- Ability to deal effectively with the firms stakeholders i.e. Senior Management, Board, Regulators
- Ability to work on own initiative