As a leading financial technology firm, we leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to global markets as well as innovative, transparent trading solutions and industry standard-setting analytics tools to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
Our Software Development team creates powerful trading tools, which facilitate the operation of a high-performance system, deployed in financial marketplaces around the world. Our market-leading Triton Execution Management System is a global, broker-neutral, multi asset-class platform that combines Virtu’s cutting-edge liquidity, execution, analytics and workflow solutions into one unified and customizable execution interface.
- Mastery of JAVA programming.
- Extensive experience developing in a Linux environment.
- 3-5 years of work experience preferred
- Experience in distributed and/or highly concurrent systems is a plus.
- Experience in low-latency systems and/or high transaction environments is a plus.
- Experience with databases is a plus.
- Interest in trading and financial markets.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Candidates outside banking and finance preferred.