As a leading financial technology firm, we leverage cutting-edge technology to deliver liquidity to global markets as well as innovative, transparent trading solutions and industry standard-setting analytics tools to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu offers a dynamic, meritocratic environment with a flat hierarchy. No finance background is necessary or expected. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to kick start a career in the financial technology space.
Virtu is looking for a Software Engineer expert in C#/WPF to join our Core C# Development team. We’re building a state of the art, multi-asset class Execution Management System that's changing the way the world's largest hedge funds and institutional investment managers run their investment processes. Our market-leading Triton Execution Management System is a global, broker-neutral, multi asset-class platform that combines Virtu’s cutting-edge liquidity, execution, analytics and workflow solutions into one unified and customizable execution interface.
Our Triton Development team is a highly talented group of versatile software engineers. To meet our client demand, we are looking for passionate engineers who love delivering extraordinary software in a highly visible role within the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Scale up capacity and performance of C#/WPF software components and end user experiences through Agile development methods.
- Make an impact by evaluating and recommending new technologies and optimal design of next generation features.
- Be a great teammate and effective communicator across teams.
- Handle multiple concurrent projects while adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Bachelors or Masters degree with three to five years of experience
- Proven results delivering multi-threaded, high performance user interfaces in C#/WPF
- Strong understanding of Core C# .NET technology for both GUI and Server side development.
- Experience leveraging .NET memory and performance profiling technology
- Self-starter and stand-out contributor who has a real passion for technical excellence
- Proficient in object oriented programming and advanced programming languages
- Knowledge of financial markets and trading systems is a big plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Previous experience with enterprise production environments, including understanding of operational support issues
- Experience with unit testing