Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Do you believe that healthcare and good design are compatible? Are you eager to produce work that helps people and makes a difference? Are you endlessly distracted by bad or awkward typography in the world around you? Are you a master of finding good stock imagery in an ocean of stale photographs? We’re looking for you!
You will work with our marketing and video teams to create supporting graphics for our blog, video projects and more. This includes creating compelling graphics and visualizing data in the form of accurate, easy-to-understand charts. You will also source stock imagery and illustrations, and modify them as needed. Animation and motion graphics experience is a major plus. It’s important that you’re able to take initiative and work quickly, while balancing a variety of requests from a variety of stakeholders.
- 3+ years of design experience
- Strong understanding of design, color, and typography. You know the difference between “good” and “great” and constantly push yourself towards greatness
- Experience with data visualization
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, or other design tools
- Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Adobe After Effects is a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline, or equivalent experience
- Communicative, flexible and patient under tight deadlines
- Provide design support for our marketing and video teams
- Create graphics and other assets for our blog and other digital properties
- Create graphics for video content, including animation
- Source effective stock imagery for various projects
- General image editing and rebuilding of graphics
- Effectively handle a variety of requests on deadline, while being flexible to adjusting priorities
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate