Virta is an online specialty medical clinic that reverses type 2 diabetes safely and sustainably without the risks, costs, or side effects of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The ideal candidate is organized, has excellent time management skills, can handle multiple tasks at once. They also will possess strong communication/negotiation skills, and can anticipate the needs of the office. This person will likely have previous experience wearing many hats, preferably in a startup environment, and is ready to hit the ground running.
- 2-5 years experience in admin role; successful experience scaling with an early stage tech company.
- Hungry for impact & growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, strong sense of responsibility, and love to have fun besides hard work.
- An analytical solutions-oriented mindset; likes to problem solve. Highly detail oriented but creative. Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically.
- Engaging and embodies a positive outlook and attitude.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to manage a lot of moving pieces, highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Tech savvy, knowledgeable of Apple product; Google docs, gmail, calendar etc.
- Flexible to change course as priorities dictate.
- Confident, decisive, tactful and effective communications skills both externally and internally, verbally and written.
- Experience with contracts and vendor management
- Support the CEO & Founder with calendar support, emailing and daily admin needs, including greeting all CEO’s guests.
- Management of all office administrative and facilities-related functions.
- Vendor management, order office supplies, company apparel orders.
- Manage food/catering needs, help keep stocked with snacks.
- Help with HR processes; on-boarding, desk set-up, first day orientation.
- Help create and foster company culture, plan company events; create fun and innovative ways to bring the team together and maintain the company's mission in line with the culture.
- Make sure everyone is happy and has what they need to be effective in their job.
- The ability to perform and prioritize in an ever-changing environment.
- A proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities; excel at anticipating needs.
- Ensure cleanliness of the office, supply and inventory management and maintenance of office property.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Own all executive administrative responsibilities
- Own and develop new processes for office administration and company-wide events
- Understand current HR processes and begin to offer recommendations as to improvements
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate