Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is looking for dynamic clinicians to join our first core clinical team. Our clinicians can offer a real solution to patients with diabetes & metabolic syndrome, one that dramatically improves health and gets them off medication. Our clinical systems have been built from the ground up by our clinician team, allowing us to keep patient care front and center with streamlined documentation and no “accountable clicking.”
For the right candidate, we are open to full time, part time or contractor arrangements. While our continuous remote care allows for quite flexible lifestyles, you must have availability in daytime hours for new patient visits. We provide malpractice.
- MD, DO, NP or PA with active, unrestricted medical license
- Multiple state licenses are helpful, but only the willingness & ability to get additional licenses are required
- Board certified in a relevant specialty (internal medicine, family medicine, endocrinology, family medicine preferred)
- Outstanding bedside manner & patient service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deep interest in the science behind Virta
- Telemedicine experience preferred
- Provide highest quality patient-centered care.
- Evaluate prospective new patients with a thorough history taken through telemedicine then craft a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Manage your panel of patients through continuous remote care. In this, you will collaborate with our team of expert health coaches and be supported by the rest of our clinicians, including our endocrinology team.
- Be proactive in ensuring adequate follow up of patients and their concerns.
- Share after-hours coverage with our team.
- All Virta care is delivered remotely, so there is no such thing as “in-house” call. Our team rotates weekend remote coverage such that you would cover about 1 weekend in 5.
- Actively participate in the development of new technology and protocols to improve patient care and outcomes.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, designers & health coaches.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate