Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people.
We’re looking for a product manager who is passionate about understanding patient needs and building technology that has a direct, transformative impact on their lives. As a Senior Product Manager in our Patient Group, you will be responsible for evolving core aspects of our patient-facing applications to improve our patient experience and health outcomes at scale. You will develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your products. You will manage the direction and execution of a cross functional product development team, and play a critical role in setting company-wide strategy to scale our treatment with clinical and operational department leads. This is one of the highest impact positions at Virta - the decisions you make and products you build will have a direct impact on both the patient experience and Virta’s business.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology.
- Develop a deep understanding of our patients and their unmet needs, desires, and pain points through qualitative primary research, analytics, and controlled software experiments.
- Define the product direction for a team comprising designers, software engineers, and Applied AI/ML engineers; work cross-functionally with clinical and operational leadership. Translate your vision into compelling initiatives and stir excitement across the organization to execute on them.
- Coordinate execution on highly strategic initiatives across a diverse group of experts from domains such as: Behavioral Health, Clinical Excellence, our Provider Group, AI & Machine Learning, Infosec/Legal, Design, and Analytics
- Take ownership of our product’s contributions to improve critical patient-facing metrics related to engagement, health outcomes, and scalability of our treatment.
- Invest in improving our culture and practice of product management at Virta
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Launch 1 new software or AI/ML initiative to improve the patient experience
- Engage in user research and quantitative analysis to make data informed decisions on your product’s direction
- Develop a strong understanding of our north star metrics at Virta, and formulate the appropriate metrics for your team in partnership with leadership
- Establish strong relationships across our leadership team, partnering departments, and adjacent product development groups
- Begin to set the strategy for your product development team, and contribute to the broader strategy for our entire patient experience.
- Passion and/or experience in shipping software for social impact
- 8+ years of experience in a product management, general management, or related product development role.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience shipping consumer-facing applications
- Experience working with data and ML products in a consumer application is a plus
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is $148,068 to $174,197. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.