Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our fast paced and dynamic Care Operations (CareOps) team. As our first Business Operations Analyst, you will be at the center of our ability to scale, working with our Coaching team to deliver efficient and high quality patient care. This role will require taking a data driven approach to inform major business decisions across the company - with a particular focus on process optimization.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, project management, and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate and influence others cross functionally. We are seeking a self-starter that can wear multiple hats while juggling a variety of projects. This role is for someone who loves telling stories with data, knows their way around a spreadsheet, and is passionate about improving systems.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Build operational dashboards to monitor coaching performance and analyze business drivers.
- Independently determine how to query data and run ad hoc analyses to drive insights on our coaching service.
- Conduct business metric analysis - including defining KPIs, and evaluating performance against targets.
- Develop business systems to ensure our coaches are hired, trained, and matched with patients as efficiently and effectively as possible. (e.g. workforce planning).
- Drive operational experiments including instrumenting success metrics and outcomes to make recommendations and determine a go forward plan.
- Manage key business programs to ensure high coach satisfaction and performance (e.g. coach bonus program).
- Draw actionable insights and create clear presentations to convey information across the team and company.
- Be a key business partner to coaching leaders and lead analytical efforts to identify insights and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Understand the coaching team's people, processes, and tools. Shadow coaches and study their workflows.
- Familiarize yourself with the Virta treatment and outcomes, and the evolution of the program.
- Contribute to dashboard development and insights for coach leads to facilitate weekly stand ups and data driven decision making. Support the implementation and change management around utilizing data more regularly and effectively.
- Support improved systems for workforce planning, coach coverage and patient assignment, considering panel sizes, coach expertise, patient preferences, etc.
- Conduct funnel deep dives to understand key drivers of patient engagement and retention, and support related operational experiments to drive improvements.
- Go deep on the available data and systems (Looker) to become the expert on querying and summarizing relevant data for coaching operations.
- Explore Gross Margin drivers and support efforts to drive operational improvements.
- Understand the Insights and Analytics and Data Science teams, projects, and priorities.
- Take ownership of the coach bonus program including benchmarks, process, and execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or other field with analytical coursework.
- 2+ years experience in business operations, analytics, corporate strategy, or other relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills; proficient in Excel/GSheets; comfortable with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Looker).
- Familiarity working with large data sets and drawing meaningful insights.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and drilling down analyses for open ended questions.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Team player, with great collaboration skills as this role will require working cross functionally with Data Science, Product, Finance, and Operations Teams.
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to clearly present actionable insights.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
- For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $64,304 - $73,950 base; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.