Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
This position requires initiative, attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly, and a passion for delivering strategic value in a fast paced environment. Working in partnership with Virta’s President and COO, you will play a critical role in driving Virta’s success. You will be a key stakeholder in supporting high-impact strategic priorities and high-visibility projects across departments. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience supporting executive staff , and is ready to hit the ground running! In addition to admin responsibilities, this role will have the opportunity to work closely with our Executive Assistant to the CEO and up-level over a period of 12-24 months or even join another team or function within Virta.
- Work closely with Virta’s President and COO to increase productivity and efficiency by managing their most precious resource: time!
- Proactively vet, prioritize, and audit their calendars.
- Work closely with the EA to the CEO to help coordinate internal & external meetings including all executive staff, direct report, customer, investor, & board meetings.
- Book and coordinate travel for meetings and conferences.
- Practice impeccable discretion and judgment when presented with sensitive company, customer, and personal information.
- Represent Virta’s President and COO both internally and externally, balancing personality, professionalism and collaboration.
- Promote Virta’s culture & values across cross-functional teams through off-sites and company-wide events.
- Provide general support to the executive team including project based calendaring, help with planning and execution of team offsites, etc
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Own all executive administrative responsibilities for our President and COO.
- Develop understanding of business model, teams, and important stakeholders.
- Develop template for calendar management and communication style guide.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administrative type role
- Tactful and effective communication skills both externally and internally, verbally and written.
- Organized, able to manage competing priorities and at least two calendars in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities; excels at anticipating needs.
- Highly detail oriented and creative.
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically in support of executive level staff
- Positive outlook and attitude & passion for our mission.
- Knowledge of gSuite, including Google docs, gmail, calendar, travel booking platforms, etc.
- Experience working with C-Level executives
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.