Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
You will be joining the Revenue Platform team, whose mission is to help Virta patients take control of their treatment by removing obstacles in obtaining and maintaining eligibility and coverage for their treatment.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will build the key applications, tools, and workflows that empower the practice management operations of Virta, including those that:
- Help prospective patients obtain medical coverage for the Virta treatment via a thoughtfully designed self-serve experience.
- Prevent patient churn by supporting them in resolving eligibility and coverage challenges.
- Provide accurate and real time eligibility statuses at scale by integrating with healthcare carriers across the country.
- Streamline our billing operations by connecting our Electronic Health Records (EHR) to the financial systems.
While you will focus on the backend systems, you’ll also have the opportunity to influence directions across all levels of our stack as we strategize to meet the rapidly changing needs of a high-growth company.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology: https://www.virtahealth.com/health-tech
- Envision, architect, and build novel technical solutions that solve the unique practice management challenges of value-based healthcare.
- Be a thoughtful technical leader and collaborate with product managers to identify, design, and implement solutions that achieves the goal of the team.
- Lead projects, coach and mentor peers, and collaborate empathetically with stakeholders across the organization.
- Write, maintain, and debug code that powers mission-critical components.
- Embody Virta’s cultural values and encourage others to do the same.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Code and ship multiple features that involves both front-end and back-end code with complete test coverage
- Collaborate with other engineering team members through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and giving feedback in code reviews
- Propose and implement one or more process/product improvements to make our engineering team even better
- 4+ years of shipping backend code in a high quality production environment, with exposure to data centric systems.
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining microservices in production.
- Experience with data and event-based architectures (API development, SQL/NoSQL datastores, messaging queues, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a proven history of interfacing with business-level stakeholders, both technical and non-technical alike.
- Being a champion of long term thinking and striving to make high business impacts without sacrificing engineering quality.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $157,139 - $180,619; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.