Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Looking for a meaningful role where you are improving people’s lives?
We’re looking for a seasoned customer success leader to scale our health plan team while growing our relationships and footprint with our existing clients. You should be a subject matter expert at working with national & regional health plans and third party administrators across fully insured, ASO, and Medicare/Medicaid lines of business. As the Senior Director of Customer Success, Health Plans, you have deep experience scaling and leading a team focused on customer growth, retention, and reference ability while extracting & achieving customer KPIs as well. You have proven expertise navigating rapid change, approaching problems with creativity & curiosity, and partnering seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders to drive critical initiatives forward.
Virta is at an exciting stage of its growth journey and you will play a critical role in shaping the customer success team and expanding our access to patients across the US.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Scale the team to meet growing business needs, 3-4x the current rate of health plan customers through repeatable process, measurement and presentations
- Successfully grow our book of business among existing customers
- Develop and deepen relationships with key stakeholders within our health plan clients
- Identify customer program goals and KPIs and demonstrate Virta’s ROI to meet or exceed those goals
- Manage and mentor a high performing team of customer success & implementation managers
- Collaborate with sales counterparts on accelerating account expansions and renewals. Identify renewal risks and implement remediation plans
- Partner with our patient marketing team to expand access, drive adoption and awareness within new & existing customers
- Act as a customer advocate internally across our Operations and Product teams to continue to refine the customer and patient experience including customer launches, patient onboarding, enrollment, billing etc.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Gain a deep understanding of Virta’s mission, vision, culture and how this role directly impacts health plan customer success
- Understand the Health Plan book of business and account plans and what to address in what priority for greatest impact (short term and long term)
- Develop/refine account expansion and renewal plans
- Build relationships with our key customers
- Build relationships internally with key cross functional counterparts in commercial, product, ops and clinical organizations
- Collaborate with Sales to manage new customer pipeline and launches
- Have fun and gel with the team!
- 12+ years experience experience in leading customer success teams, with a focus on health plans
- In depth knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem & industry trends
- Experience scaling a customer success organization & managing/mentoring growing teams
- Ability/flexibility to work cross-functionally in a fast-growing company where fast-paced change is the norm
- Track record of implementing metrics driven strategies to drive revenue growth through expansion and account retention
- Strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams
- Expert customer communication at both executive and functional levels, including presentation and project management skills to align internal and external stakeholders and drive key initiatives forward
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
- For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $152,907 - $175,756 base; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.