Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our fast paced and dynamic Customer Success (CS) team. As our first Senior Manager, Customer Success Operations, you will be at the center of our ability to scale, working with our CS team and cross functional partners to create the highest level of efficiency for Customer Success to retain, grow and make our world class customers referenceable. CS Ops is an enablement role which enables more streamlined touch points between each stage of the customer journey, from initial marketing through renewal.
The ideal candidate brings a passion to reverse type 2 diabetes and world-class strategic process optimization, performance management, project management, technical acumen, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
This will be a hands-on, infrastructure and process optimization role in which you will partner closely across teams to architect scalable solutions to improve KPIs, plan and execute infrastructure needs and improve performance. You will also be tasked with building a reporting analyst function and participate in helping to hire on additional team members. roles. With your skills and expertise, Customer Success will move quicker, smarter and more efficiently.
- Drive productivity, consistency, efficiency, and scale across CS
- Build and Manage the operational infrastructure needed to scale (processes, tools, reporting, and new initiatives)
- Develop and manage CS forecasting and results management process to deliver on and improve KPIs (partnering with Sales and Marketing Ops)
- Identify technology needs to increase delivery and efficiency and, where needed, create business plan and resulting build plan to gain buy-in and execute
- Develop & Lead RFPs for software or internal build solutions
- Manage launches, contracts, set and manage stakeholder expectations and day to day interaction; lead project planning, weekly meetings, and presentations as needed
- Identify and execute on CS operational process improvements to scale teams’ playbook(s)
- Develop territory or specialization planning for CS reps based on the growing needs of the business
- Manage applications and training needs (partnering with Product Marketing and other cross functional teams)
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Understand the commercial and cross functional departments, people and how departments relate
- Identify current process gaps and areas for improvement, including evaluating current state of the business to create and execute on a business plan that will support the business and drive more ROI for Virta’s customers
- Become an integral part of quarterly business reviews in order to get a feel for data, sales and the business trends
- Build a solid understanding of Virta Clinic, our company history and operations
- Document and clarify Customer Success teams operational requirements by working closely with them to understand and prioritize their needs for maximal gain
- Shadow implementation, sales and customer calls to learn processes and approach to inform identify strategic plan
- Own performance management process end-to-end
- 7+ years experience in operations and enablement
- Bonus points for experience leading an operations team
- Understanding and proven track record of evaluating and improving a high growth business
- Proven track record of operations support to leaders through high growth
- Prior success in building out an operational infrastructure to drive positive outcomes and supporting leaders, ideally in a startup environment
- Analytical and modeling/trending skills (expert at excel and data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau)
- Working familiarity with commons sales support systems (SalesForce/SFDC, Marketo, SurveyMonkey, Jira/Confluence, CRM for CS tools)
- Ability to prioritize and solid project management skills
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.