Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
Virta has developed a novel, team-based care model that delivers the Virta treatment exclusively through a telemedicine platform, with no brick-and-mortar clinics. Our ongoing clinical trial, which has already produced eight peer-reviewed publications, not only shows that the Virta treatment has lowered hemoglobin A1c values under the diabetes threshold while discontinuing diabetes medications, but also shows improvement in obesity, atherogenic dyslipidemia, hypertension, and inflammation.
To achieve the mission of reversing type-2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025, Virta is hiring contract (1099) licensed physicians and nurse practitioners to join our team.
*This is a 100% remote work opportunity.
- Evaluate prospective new patients in a telemedicine visit that will put the patient on a path toward diabetes reversal and improved metabolic health
- Commitment to providing care of the highest quality that delivers an exceptional experience for the patient
- In depth overview of medical history and medications with prospective patients with proper documentation in the patient’s EHR.
- Ability to flex hours Monday through Sunday
- Providers must be able to commit at least 8+ hours per week
- Board certified in a relevant specialty: endocrinology, internal medicine, family medicine preferred
- Possession of an unrestricted state medical license
- Deep interest in the science underpinning the Virta treatment
- Strong technological literacy: ability to safely, responsibly, and effectively use various digital platforms to evaluate prospective new patients via remote care and communicate with teammates (includes phone calls, video chats, Google Suite applications, Slack, Zoom, and strong typing skills)
- Bilingual (Spanish) written and verbal communication strongly preferred
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $60.00-$65.00/hr, $100.00-$105.00/hr; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.