Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As a Health Coach at Virta, you’ll work directly with patients to help reverse metabolic disease by providing safe, high quality remote care and responding to patient questions timely. Virta delivers continuous remote care to patients 7 days a week and are looking for candidates who are available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays to help us throughout the weekend. We're looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals to join our top-notch, mission-driven team.
- Ability to flex between a total of 20-28hrs per week
- Availability Needed:
- Friday: 5-6hrs, starting at 12:00pm MST
- Saturday: 8 hours, 8/9am-5/6pm MST
- Sunday: 8 hours, 8/9am-5/6pm MST
- Provide evidence based nutritional and behavior change coaching and care to a full patient panel with an emphasis on stages of change and helping patients begin dietary changes and log biomarkers.
- Support patients with personalized nutritional guidance primarily through texting (nutritional ketosis via personalized carbohydrate intake with lifestyle changes that focus on sustainability) to achieve improved metabolic health
- Empathize, connect, and partner with patients to ensure personal success and sustainability.
- Conduct phone calls with new patients and check-in calls with more tenured patients to help support their ongoing success.
- Keep patients engaged, successful, and retained using various counseling techniques including, but not limited to motivational interviewing and patient-centered goal setting.
- Follow key clinical workflows and processes and effectively document patient interactions, outreach, and progress.
- Partner with Virta Providers in a timely, detailed manner to deliver safe and impactful care.
- Uphold company values and maintain a strong team dynamic including sharing your specific expertise and skills with your teammates.
- Learn regularly and often
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Provide safe, continuous care for Virta patients and help patients get started on the Virta Treatment.
- Partner with our existing health coaches to learn and understand the entire patient experience, from enrollment to daily patient care and long-term patient success.
- Shadow current health coaches and learn how to successfully perform patient onboarding calls and day to day patient care.
- Shadow and learn from current health coaches the various platforms and tools needed to perform your day to day job.
- Learn and understand what key performance indicators (KPIs) are used to track health coach performance and how your day to day work impacts those metrics.
- Actively contribute to team culture, learning, and overall process improvements by providing regular continuous feedback.
- Take time to connect with and proactively get to know fellow Virtans; various leaders/teammates/teams/roles. Learn, adopt, support, and help live out the Virtan Values.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in a health or behavioral health related field.
- 2 Years of experience working with patients directly in one of the following areas: outpatient nutrition counseling, motivational interviewing, using and/or implementing various behavior change techniques, health coaching, health counseling, mental health counseling, etc.
- Experience working with people with diabetes is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- High EQ and empathy with the ability to work with different personalities through times of change. Willing to ask for help, and lean on teammates for support when needed.
- Highly motivated, strong organizational skills, and an attention to detail to to support your day to day workflow and help you stay on track during rapidly changing situations.
- Passionate about working directly with patients and willingness to help others as a frontline care provider.
- Strong technological literacy: ability to safely, responsibly, and effectively use various digital platforms to provide remote care for patients and communicate with teammates (includes texting, phone calls, video chats, instant messaging, Google Suite applications, Slack, Zoom, and strong typing skills)
- Strong consideration for candidates with multi-lingual abilities, especially Spanish
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.