Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
Virta is the first healthcare technology company to scale a research-backed treatment for reversing type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, continuous remote care platforms, and scalable technologies combined with our clinical expertise allow us to reverse diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Join Virta on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100 million people by 2025. You can read more about our technical innovation here: https://www.virtahealth.com/health-tech
Virta is backed by leading investors, including Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital Global Equities and Venrock, and has raised more than $330 Million of equity capital. We work with nearly 200 leading enterprises ranging from the Veterans Administration to Home Depot, as well as several large health plans, such as Blue Shield of California. We are consistently growing nearly +200% YoY. We have major offices in San Francisco CA, Denver CO, and several smaller hubs nationwide. We support both fully remote and hybrid work arrangements. Our team is about 300 strong and growing fast.
As a key leader on Virta’s Product Management team, you’ll own the development and execution of our product strategy and systems for our Clinic group. In this role, you’ll build the future of continuous remote care delivery, including provider, coach, and operator tools. You’ll also mentor and grow product managers, create scalable product development processes, enable continuous experimentation and improvement, develop product roadmaps, drive on-time execution, and define key performance indicators to measure the success of our products. Your primary collaborators will be Engineering, Design, Analytics, and Applied AI. Your primary stakeholders will be the leaders of our Medical and Operations teams. As a key member of the senior management team, you'll also work directly with leaders across the company.
- Manage and mentor existing product managers, in particular supporting them while interfacing with executive stakeholders and ensuring they succeed in moving their metrics.
- Hire product managers based on your assessment of squad needs.
- Help us build product culture by engaging in mentorship and best practice development team-wide.
- Understand cross-functional business needs, build stakeholder alignment, and make the appropriate tradeoffs on roadmaps.
- Lead our product strategy and roadmapping process for multiple product areas, including provider EHR and coach workflows.
- Ingratiate a deep sense of empathy for the end user in the product development process, including running impactful user research in collaboration with Design.
- Help your product squads align their individual product roadmaps with company strategy and goals.
- In partnership with Analytics and Applied AI, use data to iterate on roadmaps.
- Own and move metrics related to patient safety and scalability.
- Partner with Engineering leaders to drive quality, predictable execution as we rapidly scale.
- Own launching wholly new products from ideation through launch and optimization.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Lead your product groups through annual planning and roadmapping, ending with alignment through the senior executive level.
- Drive critical-path scalability initiative: create a plan to prepare multiple product platforms to support more than 10x growth in the next 2 years.
- Build and rollout great product development processes that enable rapid iteration while clearly measuring impact.
- Establish strong relationships with the leaders of Engineering, Design, Analytics, Medical, and Operations teams.
- Have a meaningful impact on team expansion and employee growth & development by mentoring current product managers and hiring new product managers.
- 7+ years of experience building, managing and leading product teams.
- 3+ years of direct individual contributor product management experience.
- Significant experience partnering directly with Engineering leadership.
- Prior healthcare experience.
- Proven track record of cross-functional problem-solving and execution: shipping both new features and entirely new products with measurable business impact.
- Customer obsessed: you are excited to deeply understand the needs of your customers (our internal teams - Medical & Operations) and lead your product groups to develop strong relationships and effective products for these customers.
- Experience in building product management systems and processes, preferably in a fast growing company, and building alignment around these processes.
- Ability to plan and drive complex projects with accurate estimations and timely execution.
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness paired with demonstrated excellence in collaboration, relationship-building, and proactive communication.
- Track record of successfully driving executives with a variety of differing needs to a common vision and roadmap.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.