Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As the TPM for Virta’s Foundations engineering teams you will take a definitive role in driving complex programs across the organization. Virta engineering is entering the next-level of scale and requires a high degree of technical excellence and quality as we continue to move at high speed. You will coordinate and build technical programs to meet the needs of our engineering organization as we continue to invest in large foundational projects.
- Lead the technical programs that Virta’s Type 2 Diabetes reversal software are built upon
- Drive efficiency in agile project management across the Foundations engineering teams as we tackle large technical initiatives
- Coordinate stakeholders across engineering to deliver technical excellence and business goals
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across the engineering organization
- Architect formal technical program plans to drive for technical excellence and long-term scalability
- Begin executing on technical programs across the Foundations engineering teams
- 3-5 years of technical program management experience
- Experience leading complex technical projects across multiple engineering teams
- A deep understanding of software development life cycles and best practices
- Working knowledge of system architecture and design principles
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is bottom - midpoint; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.