Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As a Senior Platform engineer, you will be conceptualizing, building, and evangelizing architecture patterns and core libraries and services that enable scaling Virta’s product and team. Join our awesome, close-knit team of passionate engineers bringing our cloud microservices architecture to massive scale to serve our growing patient population.
- Write high quality, highly performant, maintainable code that sets an example for others to follow.
- Partner with tech leads in our Foundations engineering group to identify cross-cutting technology requirements and develop architecture and common code.
- Coordinate with product development teams to execute rollout/adoption of common libraries, services, and patterns.
- Establish, observe, and evangelize best practices.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Deliver and support changes to library code used by product engineering teams, including dependency analysis and rollout coordination.
- Measurably improve code normalization across one or more critical code concerns throughout the codebase.
- Define one or more target architecture specifications for adoption by the Engineering team as a whole.
- 7+ years server-side development experience, working with distributed systems.
- Python excellence, including effective use of coding patterns and dependency management at scale.
- Experience designing, building, and evolving microservices architecture.
- Champion for quality in code, processes, and culture.
- Effective collaboration with cross-organizational teams having various priorities/objectives.
- You enjoy the challenge of building high performance, high quality, scalable, maintainable, and operable code.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $199,690 - $229,529; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.