Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
At Virta, you will build and lead the compliance program while collaborating with various teams across the company on efforts related to compliance with health care regulation and privacy laws. You will play a critical role in helping Virta safely grow and achieve its mission.
- Develop and implement contract review, approval and routing process including implementation of contracts database and approval software.
- Implement intake process, software and forms to track all requests for Legal assistance and assignment of Legal tasks to appropriate owner within Legal
- Database entry for all contracts.
- Manage distribution of fully executed contracts.
- Monitors expirations and renewals and works closely with contract business owners to renew or terminate as needed.
- Assist attorneys in preparation, drafting, editing and negotiating standard agreements such as non-disclosure, consulting, and vendor agreements.
- Assist in maintaining the Company’s qualifications and registrations to do business in various jurisdictions.
- Supports compliance and licensing.
- Provides general support, including conducting legal research as needed.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Support legal team in contract management, Docusign
- Audit vendor and customer contracts
- Support regulatory filings and licensure submissions
- Support legal projects related to privacy, medical staff, coding and reimbursement and contracting functions
- Paralegal experience, with significant work on contracts
- Experience working independently in support of various teams juggling various projects
- Ability to partner with internal teams to find collaborative solutions that mitigate risk
- Strong organizational and project management experience
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
- For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $76,138 - $87,515; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.