Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As an Associate Enablement Manager at Virta, you will develop and manage operational solutions that support Virta’s user-facing teams to enable a patient journey that results in transformational outcomes and upholds industry-wide clinical standards of care. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include designing and improving processes that provide clinical administrative support to our enrollment and clinical teams, to ensure that our online clinic can safely and accurately enroll applicants and treat patients in a scalable manner. Additionally, you will work with internal and external teams to provide our applicants and patients with information that can support any non-clinical questions they may have as they enroll in our treatment and achieve positive health outcomes.
The Associate Manager will own workflows that support patient, clinical, and enrollment processes, define metrics that measure their success, and work with a cross-functional team to improve processes that will scale as Virta transforms more and more patients’ lives!
- Manage processes that enable our internal teams to operate more effectively and increase their capacity to provide transformational outcomes for our patients
- Analyze data trends, gleaning insights from multiple sources of information to provide evidence-based feedback and offer actionable suggestions for process improvement
- Provide thorough justification for product prioritization, including: impact on company wide metrics, anticipated efficiency gains, and risk of not implementing
- Partner with product teams to support launching new product features, advise on operational implications, and develop communication pathways for routine feedback
- Leverage reporting and analytics to ensure the team is meeting SLAs, impacting KPIs, and is adequately staffed to meet demand
- Help Virta scale operationally by building data-driven systems and processes with tools like Google Sheets, Looker, etc. to help provide transformative outcomes as we scale
- Oversee a team of Associates within your specified pod. Support them in their management of contracted teammates, project management and function oversight.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Develop a working knowledge of processes that support Virta’s Revenue Collection and how all end users experience these workflows
- Understand each internal team’s piece of ownership related to Revenue Collection and how the teams partner in successfully billing our customers and keeping Virta patient’s Health Insurance information up to date.
- Own the outcomes of the processes you take on, and find ways to improve operational processes in a scalable manner.
- Build relationships with direct reports and contractors. Learn their schedules, daily workflows and potential bottlenecks/points of friction in their day to day work.
- Partner with Product to develop a shared quarterly planning system to ensure a cohesive relationship in process and product initiatives
- Leverage Enablement reporting to track contractor $/PUM and ensure alignment between labor costs and efficiency output.
- Identify and build relationships with defined feedback loops with key stakeholders across the various Operation and Product teams
- 3-5 years of operational experience in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Experience working with Product Development teams on shared initiatives
- Expertise in using technology tools to solve operational problems and build for scale
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, comfortable connecting with all types of patients
- Systems-approach mindset to problem solving, product optimization and process improvement
- An ability to blend both the quantitative with the qualitative to drive insights and influence decisions
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to listen to understand an issue and problem solve cross-functionally
- Attention to details, especially around building scalable processes
- Interest and ability in working with large sets of data to find insights [and then build systems based on those insights]
- Strong desire to lead people and coach others
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adjust to rapidly changing environment and expectations
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven organizations
- High EQ and empathy with the ability to work with different personalities
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills to stay on track during rapidly changing situations
- Growth mindset for continuous learning and improvement
- Strong desire to build relationships with applicants and willingness to help others as a frontline point of contact
- No ego and unquestionable integrity
- Highly motivated and able to work independently to self-manage priorities, and willing to ask for help and lean on teammates for support when needed
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $63,449 - $72,967; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.