Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
At Virta, you will build and lead the legal department while overseeing commercial contracting, corporate governance, and compliance with health care regulation and privacy laws. You will play a critical role in establishing a commercially-oriented culture in the legal team that works collaboratively with the rest of the organization to help Virta safely grow and achieve its mission.
- Contract drafting, markup and oversight (e.g., vendors, employment, consultants, payors)
- Provide expert and strategic legal counsel and guidance to internal clients
- Establish process and procedures to handle rapidly growing commercial contract demands
- Support the team across other practice areas, including employment, vendor contracting, intellectual property, telemedicine, etc.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Research and make recommendations on contract lifecycle management system
- Onboard and become a SME on Virta products and services
- Jump into contract review and oversight process
- Support internal clients in evaluating vendors and potential clients
- Conduct a contract audit to confirm Virta continues to meet contractual obligations
- Articulate problem solver with knowledge of health benefit plans, healthcare and privacy regulations, including corporate practice of medicine, telemedicine, fraud and abuse rules, HIPAA, and state privacy laws.
- Ability to take a strategic view of the business and carefully weigh all of the risks it faces against the opportunities that each would prevent.
- Significant experience supporting enterprise sales, marketing, and customer experience teams, including managing a high volume of employer and health plan customer contracts, supporting RFP submissions, and responding to customer regulatory, compliance and privacy requirements.
- Licensed in any state, and eligible to be licensed in California under the in-house licensure requirements
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.