Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
As a Weekend Virta Health Coach, you will care directly for patients Friday - Sunday, delivering the Virta Treatment using our continuous remote care platform and individualizing nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to help Virta patients achieve metabolic health.
Full Time role ~40 hours per week
Full time patient care Friday - Sunday
Meetings Monday morning
- Care directly for patients, utilizing our technology-enabled, continuous remote care platform
- Utilize a variety of communication styles and techniques to match patient’s coaching needs through virtual mediums including text, phone, and video chat
- Deliver recommendations for effective and sustainable carbohydrate restriction, personalized to patient’s preferences and individual metabolic goals
- Collaborate with the Virta medical staff in a detailed, timely, and effective manner
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Enrollment Advisors, Support Operations, and Product Teams to provide feedback and communicate coaching best practices.
- 4-year college degree required in one of the following disciplines: Nutrition, Dietetics, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Social Work, Psychology, or other health-related field.
- Provide direct patient care daily Friday - Sunday
- Monday mornings reserved for meetings and 1:1s (approximately 4 hours)
- Tech literacy: utilize various web-based platforms and apps; effectively communicate via flat communication media (email, Slack, Google docs)
- Provide reactive patient care on holidays falling on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays
- 1-3 years experience directly coaching, counseling, and/or educating patients or clients in behavioral and lifestyle changes
- Experience utilizing a variety of behavioral techniques including motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and/or acceptance and commitment therapy
- Experience working with patients from a wide variety of cultural, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Fluent in Spanish
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Learn the science behind the Virta Treatment and how we deliver patient care
- Partner with mentors to learn and adopt daily health coach workflow and documentation practices
- Successfully deliver the Virta Treatment to new and tenured patients
- Shadow current health coaches to learn best practices, foster relationships and contribute to our collaborative team culture
- Learn and understand the metrics that determine patient success
- Learn and understand the metrics that determine successful health coach performance
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.