Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is in a phase of rapid growth and we are investing heavily in our infrastructure to ensure that we have a solid foundation on which to grow. This role provides a key opportunity to shape and execute our infrastructure engineering plan.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology: https://www.virtahealth.com/health-tech
As a Software Engineer, DevOps at Virta, you will be building the foundation that will help our company move as fast as possible while meeting security and compliance requirements. Some of the responsibilities would include:
- Create and maintain tools that enable rapid software development of our services and applications.
- Iterate and improve upon our existing build, test, and deploy pipelines.
- Operate with the constraints imposed by regulatory compliance and security needs.
- Own our developer experience by working with a variety of teams to identify and resolve areas of developer friction.
- Define, build, and deploy the infrastructure systems that will help Virta evolve to support our next stage of growth.
- Coach and mentor peers to become great developers and recommend best practices and tools.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Setup environments in Google Cloud Platform using Docker, Kubernetes, and Tilt.
- Create tools to help developers debug and test their applications.
- Improve the build, test, and deploy pipelines of our Python, Go, and Typescript codebases.
- Propose and implement one or more process improvements to make our engineering team even better.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise with one of the following languages: Go, Python.
- Experience setting and following best practices to support a high growth and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience building platforms and tools for developers.
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.