Virta Health is looking for an exceptional corporate communications leader who will drive efforts to take diabetes and chronic disease reversal mainstream. You will lead and develop the communications team that champions and develops the reversal category.
You will be responsible for the development and deployment of Virta’s comprehensive communications plan. A plan that takes reversal mainstream while driving company and product visibility and understanding.
We are looking for an exceptional communications leader who can help build a future where reversal is a choice for everyone with type 2 diabetes and other chronic diseases . If you would like to build a future where hundreds of millions of people reverse their diabetes and other chronic conditions, this role might be for you.
- Lead communications strategy, message development, and media relations.
- Generate high-quality media coverage with strong message pull-through for diabetes reversal and Virta.
- Build and maintain trusted media relationships in health, technology, and business publications, and identify opportunities to develop new partnerships.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the competitive, scientific, technical and regulatory landscape.
- Frame compelling narratives for Virta and chronic disease reversal.
- Craft press releases, pitches, blog posts, Q&A and other earned media materials.
- Support executive communications programs - including thought leadership platforms, content and executive visibility.
- (Future) Collaborate with CFO and Finance team on investor relations efforts.
- Shape Virta’s response to current events.
- Lead, develop and build a world class communications team.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Take ownership of Virta’s external communications efforts.
- Get to know the Virtans in the neighborhood - Marketing, Finance, Product, SciMed, Policy and the Leadership team.
- Review and update the corporate communications plan that supports efforts to take diabetes reversal mainstream.
- At least ten years of communications experience, with strong preference for experience in both healthcare and fast-growth technology organizations
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills
- Track-record securing top-tier coverage, with strong relationships with media including healthcare, technology and business journalists
- Strategic thinker who can translate complex ideas into compelling narratives, with demonstrated ability in tackling challenging communications issues
- Experience working with and coaching C-level executives and other senior leaders on using communications as a strategic pillar for growth
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.