Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our Business Enablement team at Virta. As a Clinical Operations Specialist, you will support the business critical functions such as determining eligibility, collecting lab work, and helping applicants and patients schedule appointments. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include working with internal and external teams to engage with our applicants and patients to answer non-clinical questions they may have as they enroll in our treatment and achieve positive health outcomes.
The Clinical Operations Specialist will be part of a team who works to improve eligibility process, increase revenue collection, and provide timely and efficient support to internal and external stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the patient experience and who is willing to jump in and make an impact. This role will work cross-functionally with our coach, provider, marketing, enrollment, and engineering teams to ensure applicants and patients are receiving resolutions for non-clinical issues which will help Virta transform more and more patient lives!
- Work with team members through our ZenDesk ticketing system to check eligibility, manage patient/applicant non-clinical inquiries, review and upload lab submissions, and various other requests.
- Follow established processes and checklists while providing insights and feedback for improvements.
- Maintain team benchmarks for applicant and patient satisfaction, SLAs and other team metrics.
- Jump in and tackle additional projects as needed, bandwidth permitting
- Facilitating applicant and patient communications while maintaining HIPAA compliance and upholding Virta’s standard of verbiage.
- 30-40 hours of weekday availability during standard business hours, Monday through Friday
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to listen to understand an issue and problem solve
- Knowledge of technology tools and ability to quickly pick up new technologies
- High attention to detail in order to effectively solve tickets the first time around
- Ability to think critically and be data-driven in solving patient problems
- Operational experience- especially in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
Nice to Haves
- Healthcare or Health-tech experience
- Medical Claims Billing or Revenue Cycle experience
- 2-4 hours of weekend availability (once training is completed)
- Bilingual or multilingual (Spanish)
- Prior experience using technology tools including GSuite, ZenDesk, SalesForce, and JIRA
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.